Research Innovation and Development Lab – ReadLab is a Greece-based research institution that aims to generate positive social and sustainable impact through innovation and technology.
ReadLab brings together a multidisciplinary team of highly specialised professionals from the fields of engineering, communication technologies, education, and social and political sciences with a long experience in project management and implementation of national, EU-funded, and international projects.
ReadLab cooperates with a wide range of private, public, and non-profit organisations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Western Balkans, transferring technical knowledge and designing novel products.
To reinforce our team, ReadLab is opening a position for an EU Projects Officer & Proposal Writer for European R&D&I projects. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the overall administration and management support of EU-funded projects and actively contribute to preparing new project proposals. Our portfolio of activities allows us to match the job position to the respective experience and background of the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mapping of EU and international funding opportunities and private investors funding.
- Conducting research, analysis and documentation.
- Conceptualisation, visualisation and iterative challenging of new project ideas.
- Design EU and international projects.
- Consortium-building, introduction to relevant consortia and partners’ recruitment for EU funding applications.
- Writing EU project proposals (e.g., Erasmus+, REC, Justice, EASI, AMIF, Interreg, Horizon 2020), including scientific excellence, societal impact and project implementation, budget, deliverables and planning.
- Submission of EU project proposals.
- Lead on the successful implementation of EU project deliverables and develop and manage an implementation timetable to ensure delivery of project targets to a high quality and within the contracted timeframe and budget.
- Plan project activities, supporting project leads to ensure detailed project implementation plans are in place, understood by team members and effectively implemented as scheduled.
- Track progress against programme objectives, ensuring full completion as per programme work plans.
- Ensure effective systems to monitor and evaluate the quality of project delivery are in place.
- Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive and cost-effective project visibility and communication strategies, reaching out to all project stakeholders.
- Ensure quality reporting of project achievements and documenting best practices and lessons learnt in the course of implementation.
- Work closely with support departments (Finance and ΙΤ) to ensure adequate support for project delivery.
- Be responsible for designated project budgets, including monitoring expenditure against budget lines and ensuring funds are appropriately utilised in meeting project objectives.
- Academic background in International & European Studies or another relevant field with a Bachelor’s or/and preferably a Master’s degree.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of EU policy and decisions about education, social issues, technology, environment, territorial cooperation etc.
- Responsibility, consistency and adherence to strict deadlines.
- Proven track records in drafting and implementing EU funded projects.
- Travel availability (Schengen and non-Schengen).
- Administrative, organisational and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good problem solver, enjoying the variety and delivering efficient, scalable, and project focused solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work on own initiative.
- A drive to achieve quality in all aspects of the role
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- Fluency in office software, email, web-based applications and databases.
- Command of social media.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
Apply to job:
To apply for this position, please send your CV (in English, preferably in Europass format) to [email protected]