Research Innovation and Development Lab – ReadLab is a Greece-based research institution that aims to generate positive social and sustainable impact through innovation and technology.
ReadLab brings together a multidisciplinary team of highly specialised professionals from the fields of engineering, communication technologies, education, and social and political sciences with a long experience in project management and implementation of national, EU-funded, and international projects.
ReadLab cooperates with a wide range of private, public, and non-profit organisations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Western Balkans, transferring technical knowledge and designing novel products.
To reinforce our team, ReadLab is opening a position for an EU Projects Team Leader for European R&D&I projects. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the overall overview of the implementation of EU-funded projects and actively contribute to preparing new project proposals. Our portfolio of activities allows us to match the job position to the respective experience and background of the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 3 to 5 Project Officers, overviewing smooth, impactful projects’ implementation.
- Ensure all implementation operations are carried on appropriately, cost-effectively, and comply with the highest quality standards.
- Oversee operational systems, processes and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision.
- Anticipate and track operational and tactical risks providing strategic solutions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
- Work closely with Sourcing on special planning and functional projects.
- Improve operational management systems and processes based on best practices.
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs.
- Lead on the successful implementation of EU project deliverables and develop and manage an implementation timetable to ensure delivery of project targets to a high quality and within the contracted timeframe and budget.
- Track progress against programme objectives, ensuring full completion as per programme work plans.
- Ensure effective systems to monitor and evaluate the quality of project delivery are in place.
- Develop and oversee implementation of comprehensive and cost-effective project visibility and communication strategies, reaching out to all project stakeholders.
- Ensure quality reporting of project achievements and documenting best practices and lessons learnt in the course of implementation.
- Work closely with support departments (Finance and ΙΤ) to ensure adequate support for project delivery.
- Manage budgets and forecasts.
- Overview of implementation of designated project budgets, including monitoring expenditure against budget lines and ensuring funds are appropriately utilised in meeting project objectives.
Projects Acquisition – Proposal Writing
- Proactive mapping of EU and international funding opportunities and private investors funding.
- Conducting research, analysis and documentation.
- Conceptualisation, visualisation and iterative challenging of new project ideas.
- Design EU and international projects.
- Consortium-building, introduction to relevant consortia and partners’ recruitment for EU funding applications.
- Writing EU project proposals (e.g., Erasmus+, REC, Justice, EASI, AMIF, Interreg, Horizon 2020), including scientific excellence, societal impact and project implementation, budget, deliverables and planning.
- Submission of EU project proposals.
- Academic background in International & European Studies or another relevant field with a Bachelor’s and preferably a Master’s degree.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of EU policy and decisions about education, social issues, technology, environment, territorial cooperation etc.
- Responsibility, consistency, and adherence to strict deadlines.
- Proven track records in drafting and implementing EU funded projects.
- Travel availability (Schengen and non-Schengen).
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Good problem solver, enjoying the variety and delivering efficient, scalable, and project focused solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work on own initiative.
- A drive to achieve quality in all aspects of the role.
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
- Fluency in office software, email, web-based applications and databases.
- Command of social media.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
Apply to job:
To apply for this position, please send your CV (in English, preferably in Europass format) and cover letter to [email protected]